Board Membership Elections
Updated Thursday April 21, 2016 by D Blackmore.
It is coming time for VGSL Board Elections. Below is an excerpt from our operating By Laws that explains the requirements and timeframes. We want to provide enough lead time to all eligible candidates who wish to pursue a board position. We encourage the participation of new members and hope to have a significant response to this year’s election.
ARTICLE III: MEMBERSHIP
- Board Members: Any adult (18 years or older) interested in furthering the objectives of Vernon Girls Softball who is a certified girls softball coach and or a parent or guardian of a child who is currently or has been enrolled in the program for at least one year, and has petitioned for or has been nominated and elected to serve on the Board of Directors.
- Will be accepted by two-thirds (2/3) vote of those present and voting during the election including Board Members and Executive Board Members.
- Nominations and petitions of candidates for board seats must be made not later than April 30th. Voting will occur no later than June 30th.
- Letter of interest from each individual wishing to be considered for Board membership should be received by the Board Secretary no later than April 30th.
- The Board of Directors shall consist of preferably an odd number of not less than nine (9) and not more than fifteen (15) members.
- Executive Board Members: any Board Member who has petitioned for or has been nominated and elected to serve on the Executive Board.
- Executive Board positions include President, Vice President, Secretary and Treasurer
- Responsibilities of Executive positions are defined in Article V.
- Will be accepted by a two-thirds (2/3) Board Member vote of those present during the election.
- Nominations and petitions of candidates for Executive Board positions must be made not later than April 30th. Voting will occur no later than June 30th and Nomination candidates will be required to have been present in no less than 50% of the previous 12 months meetings.
- Letter of interest from each individual wishing to be considered for an Executive Board position should be received by the Board Secretary no later than April 30th.
- Executive election voting will take place in a closed meeting defined by Article VII